Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A New Song

Hey guys! I know it's been a while since my last post. Things have been moving a mile a minute! Well, that's not entirely true. Here it's more like 35 miles per hour (gravel roads) but with all the bumps it really feels like your being bounced around.

I "worked" in the mornings for a week, driving the cutest little girl to pre-school. This would have continued but the state won't pay for her to keep going there. She's one of the foster kids next door to Jan and Corb. There are 8 kids over there, 6 of them foster kids. And the couple parenting them are my age! I am amazed. Please be praying for this family.

John, Lukey and Markey came to visit. This was pretty awesome. We went all the way up to the lake at Polson and all the way down to the University of Montana down in Missoula, where John used to throw-up in the frat house bushes. Yes. He pointed this out to us.

I came back to Federal Way for Jonathan and Jessica's wedding, so glad I did! It was awesome and to see everyone was good too. The next weekend we were back for a Native Women's Conference. It was kind of overwhelming. I felt a little lonely there, just realizing that I do not know this culture yet at all. I am still very much on the outside of it. Lord, help me learn!

It was a good weekend to see Amos and my family. I kind of kept it at that and was still exhausted. I originally thought that every time I visited I would get together with everyone, but there is something to be said for not exiting the mission field and immersing yourself in your old life. I'm still not sure what to do about this...

What's to come!

So. Jan came home last week saying that she had been thinking about the kids we saw in the Malt Shop. The Malt Shop is the local place to get burgers, shakes, basically Luke's Diner. *wink
During lunch at the high school, the kids flood in there, which Jan and I witnessed one day. Well, the Lord wouldn't leave her alone about it, so she asked the owner if I could come there some days during lunch or after school and play guitar and sing worship songs. So the owner is like, "any time you want! and if you want to do it at the coffee shop we own that's good too!" Can you believe it? So I am currently putting a short set of songs together to play after school on Friday. At first I was like, heck no! But then I thought about the fact that for some reason, God has been impressing on me to practice both guitar and my voice every day since I've gotten here. I thought it was for the future but then this turns up and, well, we hope; the rest is history!

So, my house, my house, my house. I came home from last last weekend to lots of bugs. And I thought, "Lord, I do not want to move out! I love it here. It's just these bugs!" Low and behold, the girls (from the church) know someone renting both a house and apartment right next to the church. Rent is right, and I immediately fell in love with the house, though I haven't seen the apartment yet. Well, driving back to my house I said, "Lord, I like it here. I don't want to move if it isn't you. Speak to me clearly." I came in and there weren't many bugs. Relief. Then I looked at the window. Crawling! With flying ants or termites, not sure which. I was so grossed out! So, I go into the bathroom! Crawling! From the ceiling on my counter, my TOOTHBRUSH...God has spoken. I called my landlord and they're fine with me moving out. Only trouble is, the new people want to move in right away and I still have nowhere to move to! The landlords of the new place I'd like are on vacation for another week and a half...past the end of the month. They don't have cell phones. Lord, we need a miracle!

That's pretty much the news. May got skunked but she's being babysat since I was gone, and they're keeping her until I figure out where I'm settling. I miss her. We got the Bibles for the youth church and we're averaging 5 or 6 every week. Pretty good for a church of 30! So anyway, things are good and I am ready to move. It feels weird to be unsettled again after just settling in, will it ever end? But I am holding on to the fact that God wants His best for me. So away we go!

Love,
E

1 comment:

  1. SO glad to read this update! Sounds like you've been busy. I'm thrilled you'll be able to get out of the bugs...Yuck! Praying for the housing situation. And for feelings of loneliness. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete