Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Settling, Settling...Settled.

Hey everyone! I kept puting off writing until I was in my new place, because what a whirl-wind it's been! So I wanted to move out of my house right? Well, I come home one Sunday to find people at my house, expecting to MOVE IN. Hmmmm, and hour later all my stuff was at Jan and Corb's and there I would remain for the next two weeks.

One of the highlights was heading over to the high school for Homecoming. Mission WON!!! It was awesome and the whole town showed up.


Amos came! It was the most perfect time I could have imagined. We went up to Bigfork, driving all along the east side of Flathead Lake. So beautiful! We also spent about a day watching "The Office" and lounging around, this was equally as awesome. I feel so blessed by him in my life, thank you God that he was able to visit!


My future landlords-to-be got home earlier than expected, so Jan and I just drove right up and asked to see the apartment. A little studio above their newly built garage that wasn't completely finished, but so so cute and of course, bug free. Yahoo! Oh, and might I add that rent is less than my old place!? There's a horse in the pasture out back where I have a little deck, and even satelite tv (I had watched tv like 5 times in the last 2 months) for free!
So, on October 9th I moved in and felt for the first time like things might settle down and really begin here. It's not that God hasn't been doing stuff, but I just haven't felt settled, comfortable, at peace. It's been a lot of "God, why?" instead of being able to see what He's doing. So now I cut up apples and feed them to the horse next door, bake like crazy and just over-all feel very at home here. A mulled-cider candle really helps.


Ministry stuff!!! Seven kids regularly attend youth church on Sunday mornings. I am greeted at the door by kids bounding up to me with their Bibles saying, "I did my homwork!" for which they get candy. We're working on Matthew 7 now, and we've been talking a lot about our "inside world" which is a way of saying we're to clean the inside first. More than half the kids haven't grown up with regular attendance at church, so though sometimes it doesn't feel like they're getting it, I know that the Word always plants a seed.
Jan and I have also been in the Malt Shop (me singing, Jan "working the room") once a week. This is very stretching and very fun. If it wasn't for Tim Carson's vocal artistry cd's I'd be lost out here, thankfully I can do my warm-ups in the car from place to place. Sometime I'll get brave and do them at home for the neighbors to hear.


We had our first "Gathering" for our native families, though less showed than said they would. I did learn how to make Indian Fry Bread though! It's like, an elephant ear without the cinnamon and sugar. You can put taco meat and all those yummy fixins on it! We then sat around the fire, sung and prayed. We're not sure where to go with this quite yet, we need direction!

Some prayer requests: Jeff is had surgery on his shoulder last week. He was pretty freaked out about it and now it's a lot of work for Jan especially. We need prayers for peace. Also, my landlords are not Christians, and I would like to be a good witness to them. Once last Friday and twice this week so far, the real estate office in town has had me working as their office manager. I love it! This would be one or two times a week and just that supplemental income I need to make ends meet here. Please pray that they'll love me and want to hire me for real!


On a funny note, we had to buy a futon frame so that my futon mattress had a home. It arrived. Four boxes, 80 pounds. Not only did I drag it up the stairs myself, but I also put it together and took it apart 3 times (don't mock) and had to go to Ace and get harware for it they forgot to include. I know it sounds silly but I am proud of myself. Doing things on my own is a stretch for me, so thank you Lord!

Thank you all for your support and feel free to Facebook or email so we can chat!


Love,
E

PS- It's real fall here now. 35 degrees and beautiful!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy! So great to hear all God is doing there through a wonderful amiga! :) Im excited for all that is going on, and I love your new little apartment! The futon is looking great too! Good job! I think the most impressive thing was not that you were able to get it together but that you perservered! I dont know if I would have done all of that. Yay for you! :) Keep on keeping on. God is using more of you than you could even imagine. Love you!

    ReplyDelete